Preston Marina now offers a range of training courses to help you and and your crew maximise enjoyment and safety when boating.
As a registered RYA Training Centre we can offer internationally recognised training and qualifications. The amount of practical and theory varies by course. On-site courses are held at our Training Centre in Preston whilst the online courses can be studied anywhere you have an internet connection.
RYA courses at Preston Marina (On-site)
The basic skills and knowledge needed to drive a powerboat.
- 2 days training
- On-site at Preston Marina
- Part of course takes place on tidal river – experience real tidal conditions.
- Course cost £295 per person. (Discounts for multiple bookings)
The marine radio is the most important piece of safety equipment on any boat.
All users must have a licence, which is awarded on successful completion of this one day course and assessment.
- One day classroom course, with assessment.
- Cost £115 for the course, (plus £70 for the assessment and licence)
- Ages 16+
Do you just want to take the VHF (SRC) assessment without the course? Click here…
Our one-day course covers all the usual first aid subjects, but from a boating perspective.
It is aimed at anyone who goes afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on cross channel passages.
A one day course increasingly popular on both sailing and motor boats.
Radar is an invaluable aid for navigation and collision avoidance but it is only useful in the hands of a knowledgable operator. The course can be conducted ashore using RYA approved software, or afloat on an authorised vessel.
Course run in co-operation with GLASSON SEA SCHOOL.
Other courses at Preston Marina (On-site)
A 3-hour practical refresher for those who already hold an RYA PB2 certificate.
- no exams or assessments – just an opportunity to increase your confidence
- covers key handling skills and the rest is tailored to your needs
- £95 pp, or £85 for anyone who completed their PB2 with Preston Marina
- 2 people minimum