Advanced training for more experienced skippers building on the Day Skipper course
- 40 hour classroom course (including 3 assessments)
- Conducted at Preston Marina in “The Lodge” training building
- Ideal preparation for Yachtmaster™ Coastal and Yachtmaster™
- Maximum 12:1 Student:Instructor ratio
- Course fee £325 inc VAT
- Includes course pack (RYA Yachtmaster Shore Based Notes, Practice Charts)
Advanced training for more experienced skippers building on the Day Skipper course. This course equips you to navigate safely on coastal and offshore passages.
This course will take your theory knowledge to the standard required for the Yachtmaster™ Coastal and Yachtmaster™ Offshore practical exams, concentrating on advanced navigation and meteorology skills.
As with the Day Skipper shorebased course, the RYA’s specially designed chart plotter software will be used during the course to give you a realistic taste of modern electronic navigation.
Students in the southern hemisphere can take advantage of the southern hemisphere version of our training materials, ensuring that your course is relevant to you.
The course is taught over 40 hours with three exam papers. It can be covered as a series of short sessions, 3 consecutive weekends or as an intensive week-long course.
Course topics include:
- position fixing
- course shaping and plotting
- tidal knowledge
- use of almanacs and admiralty publications
- electronic position finding equipment
- taking and interpreting forecasts
- plotting weather systems
- weather predictions using a barometer and by observation
- collision regulations
- customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad
It allows some time for revision of the basics and then moves on to advanced navigation techniques.
40 hour classroom course
Knowledge to Day Skipper level is recommended
Upcoming Course Dates;
- TO BE CONFIRMED ONCE COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS ALLOW.
Course fee £325 inc VAT (includes RYA Course Pack)
YOU WILL NEED A PLOTTER AND DIVIDER, AVAILABLE FROM OUR CHANDLERY WITH A 10% DISCOUNT.
.All enquiries to the marina staff or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 01772 733595
APPLICATION FORM FOR TRAINING COURSES (Word Document)