The basic skills and knowledge needed to drive a powerboat.
- 2 days (16 hours min.) training using our high specification R.I.B.s
- On-site at Preston Marina
- Part of course takes place on a tidal river – giving candidates real experience of boat handling on tidal/coastal conditions.
- Qualification entitles bearer to I.C.C. for power craft up to 10m
- Maximum 3:1 Student:Instructor ratio.
- Includes RYA G48 “Start Powerboating” handbook.
This two-day entry level course provides the skills and background knowledge needed to drive a powerboat and is the basis of the International Certificate of Competence.
It focuses on low speed close quarters handling, man overboard recovery, an introduction to driving at planing speed, and collision regulations.
The courses uses our 5.5m Humber R.I.B. “Kia Ora” with 115hp 4 stroke outboard motor.
Part of the course takes place on the River Ribble – giving candidates real experience of boat handling in tidal/coastal conditions.
- Assumed knowledge: None.
- Minimum duration: 2 days (16 hours)
- Minimum age 18 (12 if accompanied by parent or guardian)
Boat handling, learn about the different types and basic systems of motor boats, boating safety and the equipment used, securing to a buoy, anchoring, leaving and coming alongside, man overboard, an overview of launching and recovery, the essential anti-collision regulations, basic navigation, tidal and weather awareness and basic passage planning.
Ability after the course.
Self-sufficient power-boater in the right conditions, aware of own limitations and those of craft.
Please note – The Powerboat Level 2 Powerboat Handling course will allow you to apply for an ICC for Power up to 10m. If you wish to use the Europrean Inland Waterways Network you will need your ICC to carry the CEVNI endorsement – which can be taken by separate online assessment.
The RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship Course is an excellent compliment to this qualification
NEW COURSE DATES ARE REGULARLY BEING ADDED SO PLEASE KEEP CHECKING OR GET IN TOUCH IF YOU CAN’T FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
RYA Powerboat Level 2 – Course cost;
1 PERSON (Single booking) £295
2 PEOPLE (Double Booking or multiples of two) £275 per person
3 PEOPLE (Triple Booking or multiples of three) £250 per person