Introducing our special discounted mooring scheme, Preston Marina has much to offer the narrowboat owner at what is one of the lowest cost city location marinas in the country.
- 1.5 miles from Preston city centre and university – excellent road, bus, cycle routes.
- Docklands area has supermarkets and shopping, pubs, restaurants and cinema.
- Access to Lancaster Canal (via. Ribble Link) and Leeds Liverpool Canal (via. Rufford Branch).
- Preston Marina facilities include; 24 hour toilet and shower access, laundrette, Calor Gas, diesel, 16 Amp electricity, pump out, chemical WC disposal, car parking, lifting, hard standing, storage sheds, domestic waste disposal, chandlery (discount for berth-holders) and coffee shop.
- Stay aboard all year round when combined with our Semi-Residential Berthing Scheme JANUARY 2021 – WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING NEW SEMI-RESIDENTIAL APPLICATIONS.
- No C&RT licence or BSC is required for mooring at Preston Marina (only required if you go onto canals).
Narrowboat Mooring Scheme (Min. 30ft narrowboat – Max. 60ft subject to berth availability)
- Unlimited access to vessel and ability to stay aboard up to 50% of nights during berthing licence period at any time of year. Berth-holders wanting to stay more than 50% of nights aboard must apply for a “Semi-Residential” Berth which attracts a modest surcharge on top of standard berthing rates.
- 16 Amp metered electrical supply – charged at £25 per quarter plus units used at cost (no standing charge for semi-residential berths).
- Water availability via nearby hose (although may be temporarily turned off surrounding freezing weather).
- Mail handling
- 10% discount off Preston Marina chandlery purchases – includes items ordered from Midland Chandlers (terms and conditions apply)
Price per metre (length over all) including VAT;
Discounted Rates for Early Full Payment
- 12 months = £167
- 6 months = £92
- 3 months = £50
Monthly Payment Rate (per metre)
- 12 months = £184
- 6 months = £101
- 3 months = £56
Hammerhead pontoon berths + 15% surcharge (subject to availability)
Extra discount is available for those prepared to raft-up, at the discretion and approval of PMS – minimum of 2 bookings required for this discount
This scheme applies to steel narrowboats (less than 7ft beam) only, with a minimum length of 30′- not broadbeam canal boats, cruisers or Dutch style barges.
This scheme is subject to application and acceptance at the discretion of Preston Marine Services Ltd.
No licences or BSC are required to moor a vessel at Preston Marina, although insurance is required and moorings are offered subject to application to and approval by Preston Marine Services Ltd. (PMS).
Moorings are offered subject to the conditions of the Yacht Harbour Association (YHA) and the General Terms & Conditions of Preston Marine Services Ltd.
Please note – Preston Marina is strictly a smoke-free zone. Smokeless fuel can be used and is available from the marina chandlery.
Daily visitor rate (max 14 nights per year) – £15 per night per boat inc. 8 amp electricity hook-up