Our one-day course covers all the usual first aid subjects, but from a boating perspective.
It is aimed at anyone who goes afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on cross channel passages.
In a medical
emergency a little first aid knowledge
and immediate action can save lives,
especially in remote locations. This
one-day course is designed to provide a
working knowledge of first aid for
people using small craft and to support
It fulfils the requirements for:
- professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven, including Boatmasters;
- the Senior First Aid certificate needed by offshore racers subject to ISAF's regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4).
The course is
recommended by the MCA and HSE.
The subjects specific to boating include:
* the recovery position in a confined space
* CPR, including the drowning protocol
* cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
* seasickness and dehydration
* medical assistance or advice by VHF
* helicopter rescueUpcoming Course Information;
Monday 5th June (1 Day Course)
Tuesday 6th June (1 Day Course)
The above courses run at Preston Marina by our training partners GDSS.
Course Fee £95 (includes RYA Course Pack)
All enquiries to the marina staff or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 01772 733595