A one-day beginners’ course to help you prevent and solve diesel engine failure.
Mechanical failure is the main cause of rescue call-outs to cruisers. Basic maintenance and engine care will help ensure that you are not part of this statistic.
Most engine problems can be avoided by taking simple precautions, and you don’t need a detailed mechanical knowledge.
This course teaches you how your engine works, how to keep it healthy by using basic checks and maintenance procedures, and how to get it started again in the event of a breakdown.
Whether you sail a yacht with an auxiliary diesel engine or are a motor cruising enthusiast, this course could not just save you money, but one day could save your life.
Course topics include:
- * the principles of diesel engine operation
- * the systems and parts of the engine
- * fault finding
- * rectification of common problems
- * bleeding the fuel system
- * changing the impeller
- * routine maintenance
- * winter lay up procedures
Upcoming Course Information;
1) Sunday 21st October 2018 BOOK ONLINE
2) Sunday 27th January 2019
3) Evening Class – (2 eve.) Tues. 5th/Wed. 6th March 2019 6pm – 9.30pm
Course Fee £95 inc VAT (includes RYA Course Pack)
All enquiries to the marina staff or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 01772 733595