RYA Day Skipper
A comprehensive introduction to cruising for inexperienced skippers.
This course equips you with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day. A basic knowledge of lights is also included to introduce you to night cruising.
We are continually updating our courses to take into account developments in technology and the electronic navigation aids now available on most cruising boats.
The course is taught over 40 hours with two exam papers. It can be covered as a series of short sessions, as an intensive week-long course, or over 3 consecutive weekends.
Course topics include:
- * the basics of seamanship
- * the essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- * chartwork
- * electronic charts
- * position fixing
- * plotting a course to steer
- * weather forecasting and meteorology
- * tides
- * collision regulations
- * construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- * emergency and safety procedures including distress calls, use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and life-rafts
40 hour classroom course
Prior boating experience not essential but may be beneficial
Upcoming Course Dates;
1) 3 consecutive weekends starts 3rd/4th Nov . 2018
2) Mon.-Fri. 5 day intensive 26th – 30th Nov. 2018 incl.
3) 3 consecutive weekends starts 5th/6th Jan. 2019
4) Mon. – Fri. 5 day intensive 4h – 8th Feb. 2019 incl.
5) 3 consecutive weekends starts 9th March 2019
6) Mon. – Fri. 5 day intensive 29th April – 3rd May incl.
Course fee £295 inc VAT (includes RYA Course Pack)
YOU WILL NEED A PLOTTER AND DIVIDER, AVAILABLE FROM OUR CHANDLERY WITH A 10% DISCOUNT.
All enquiries to the marina staff or e-mail email@example.com or Tel. 01772 733595