RYA Day Skipper
A comprehensive introduction to cruising for inexperienced skippers.
This course equips you with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day. A basic knowledge of lights is also included to introduce you to night cruising.
We are continually updating our courses to take into account developments in technology and the electronic navigation aids now available on most cruising boats.
The course is taught over 40 hours with two exam papers. It can be covered as a series of short sessions, as an intensive week-long course, or over 3 consecutive weekends.
Course topics include:
- * the basics of seamanship
- * the essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- * chartwork
- * electronic charts
- * position fixing
- * plotting a course to steer
- * weather forecasting and meteorology
- * tides
- * collision regulations
- * construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- * emergency and safety procedures including distress calls, use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and life-rafts
40 hour classroom course
Prior boating experience not essential but may be beneficial
Upcoming Course Dates;
January 2018 - Three Consecutive Weekends - Starting 6th Jan 2018
February 2018 - 5 day intensive. 5th - 9th Feb 2018
Course fee £295 inc VAT (includes RYA Course Pack)
YOU WILL NEED A PLOTTER AND DIVIDER, AVAILABLE FROM OUR CHANDLERY WITH A 10% DISCOUNT.
All enquiries to the marina staff or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 01772 733595